BEACON OF HOPE PASTOR SEARCH
Beacon of Hope is searching for:
- an ordained pastor who believes in the inerrancy of and teaches from the Holy Scripture and agrees with the Statement of Faith of Beacon of Hope on Martha’s Vineyard
- a shepherd, preacher and teacher who freely offers his/her personal testimony of Christ’s saving grace and can speak to the impact of God’s sovereign mercy; seeking the lost, expressing the love of Christ and sharing the Gospel by reaching out to a changing and diverse community.
- a pastor who welcomes the working of the Holy Spirit and is passionate about prayer and Spirit-filled living.
- a pastor who is a team leader and will work towards equipping the body through teaching and training the congregation to serve God and their community.
- a pastor, either full-time or bi-vocational to whom building relationships within the church and the island community play an important role in ministry.
- a pastor, preferably with Seminary training in divinity, theology or Biblical studies and at least 5 years of experience in pastoral ministry.
Beacon of Hope is a vibrant, independent, non-denominational, evangelical church situated on the island of Martha’s Vineyard. While most of the world sees our small island as a playground for the rich and famous, we see it as a tight-knit community in need of the love and peace found only through a relationship with their Creator and Savior, Jesus Christ. Martha’s Vineyard is a New England mission field in which we endeavor to share the “Good News” through our vision of “Bringing Victory – Shining Light – Serving Others”.
Our church body is a friendly, welcoming body of believers who strive to serve Christ in our daily lives. We worship the Lord with prayer, reading Scriptures, sharing the Lord’s Supper monthly, praising God with primarily contemporary praise music and fellowshipping with one another. We welcome all who are searching spiritual nurturing and answers to the questions that life puts before us. We are fortunate to meet weekly in one of the local schools, but our desire is to grow, not only spiritually, but also into a new permanent location. We are governed by a Board established by our Constitution and By-Laws which includes our officers and Committee Chairs. We presently have five Deacons who serve the congregation as well.
Please visit our website BeaconofHopeMV.com to find out more about God’s calling on this body of believers. If interested, send your resume, testimony and a brief statement on how you feel you can fulfill the criteria we have set forth in the above Position Description. They may be sent to our email address BOHPulpitCommittee@gmail.com or by mail to:
Beacon of Hope Pulpit Committee
P.O. Box 1527
Oak Bluffs, MA 02557
We will be accepting resumes up through June 19th.